What a SPECTACULAR evening we share at the Twosted50 and Singularity50 book launch and awards last Tuesday. The video will give you a sense of the event, the show and the passion present on stage.
For those not present, here is a list of the main category winners for both books (which you can now get on Amazon).
Drum roll please…
Twisted50 vol 2 Winners
- Best Story (1st place) - Brain Drain written by Lee Burgess
- Best Story (Joint 2nd place) - Wholesale Flesh Club written by Melissa Szydlek
- Best Story (Joint 2nd place) - The Art is Absent written by Leo X Robertson
- Most Twisted Tale – Worms written by Emma Pullar
- Best Character - Clive in Market Research written by Richie Brown
- Best Death – Teddy by written Paul Shearer
- Most Outstanding Original Voice - Black Ink written by Penegrin Shaw
- Best Story: Hive Mind written by Christopher Stanley
- Best Story Joint second place: Blip written by Maggie Innes
- Best Story Joint second place: Pondlife written by Ben Marshall
- HG Wells Award: Transference written by Don McVey
- Best Character, Janey in Pondlife written by Ben Marshall
- Most Outstanding Original Voice - Take No Prisoners written by Susannah Heffernan
Fabulous evening last night at the Cinema Museum. Huge thanks to Chris and the team for organising such a brilliant, spooky, fun event. Great to be able to come together and celebrate all
the talent on show in Twisted volume 2 and Singularity50.
I just wanted to say what a huge thrill it was to be invited to the Create 50 Twisted 2 / Singularity Awards at the Cinema Museum, London where so many writers works were celebrated. It
is a privilege to be recognised for something for which, certainly speaking for myself, when writing my piece, recognition was not on my mind, but was simply trying to serve the story. To
then discover that other people have connected with the story and the emotional impact of what you have written is the best reward anyone can receive, to then have that elevated to
recognition by your peers is exceptional. Thanks again for a marvellous night where old friends were reconnected and new ones discovered.
What a GREAT evening... watch out for the photos tomorrow.